Guilty Free Tiramisu
Do you love Tiramisu? But worried about feeling guilty about eating them? Here is a recipe for about 70% LESS sugar than an ordinary Tiramisu recipe.
- 3 Egg yolks
- 3 Egg whites
- 90 g Erythritol Or other alternative sugar eg. Stavia
- ½ tsp Vanilla extra
- 250 g Mascarpone
- 1¼ cups Black coffee Recommend hot and strong coffee
- 2 tbsp Kahlua Or Frangelico
- 200 g Ladyfingers Italian Biscuit
- Cocoa powder For dusting
- Ingredients overview
- Mix egg yolks and Erythritol until it changes from yellow to thick pale yellow (almost white).90 g Erythritol, 3 Egg yolks
- Add vanilla extra and mascarpone, and mix until just combined and smooth.½ tsp Vanilla extra, 250 g Mascarpone
- Add egg whites and beat in a clean bowl until it has a pointy peak.3 Egg whites
- Add half the cream mixture to the egg whites.Gently fold through. When most incorporated, add the remaining cream mixture and fold through until just combined - don't mix too much.
- Mix coffee and Kahlua, quickly dip biscuits in, and line the bottom of a dish.1¼ cups Black coffee, 2 tbsp Kahlua, 200 g Ladyfingers
- Spread over half the cream, then top with another layer of coffee-dipped biscuits.
- Spread with remaining cream.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 - 5 hours, preferably overnight
- Dust with cocoa powder just before servingCocoa powder
Calories: 273kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 7gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 10gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 159mgSodium: 77mgPotassium: 72mgFiber: 0.3gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 674IUCalcium: 66mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!